Saturday 23 April 2016

In the Kitchen

Saturday Kitchen: My Morning ritual review


Aaah le week-end  is finally here and with it comes my Saturday morning ritual: settling down with a cup of coffee et une tartine to watch Saturday Kitchen with James Martin and guests.  Or at least that what I used to enjoy before James left (sigh sigh).

The mood of the programme was upbeat, the guests usually very good/interesting and the recipes looked really yummy; most importantly was hosted by an handsome chef (James Martin for the un-initiated) who loves to cook with butter and cream.

What there was not to love?
Ok the egg challenge and jokes were a bit naff (sorry James) but it is Saturday morning and everything contributed to put you in a very good mood for the rest of the weekend.

Now it is week 4 post James and I can't quite get into the swing of. I did like Michel Roux Jr as the 1st week host (I was gutted when he left Masterchef The Professionals, BBC please do learn from your mistakes) but I didn't enjoy the second  and third week at all.

For me James Martin was the glue that held the programme together and made the tone, like a musical maestro conducting an orchestra of very talented musicians to produce the best ever result.

To date I haven't seen anything coming close to that :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment