Sunday 26 June 2016

Bits and bobs

Week in review

Happy Sunday everyone!
It is a late start for me with my beloved coffee , looking back at the week gone by.
This week has been impossible escaping 2 things in the news:
Euro 2016 and the Referendum.

Well, as we all now know, England,Wales, Northern Ireland AND Ireland have all qualified for the next stage of the tournament:
fabulous and congratulations!!! Unfortunately, it didn't last long for Northern Ireland as they then lost to Wales yesterday (1-0). Very well done Wales now in the quarter finals.

On the other hand, the UK has decided in large numbers to part company with Europe as it stands at the moment. This seems to have caused a bit of chaos together with an on line petition to have a 2nd Referendum . For me, this is one of the things that can happen when voting or in a Referendum, e.g. someone wins and someone loses especially in a Referendum where is either/or while in elections you could end up with a coalition of different parties.

I feel it is highly undemocratic to say:
" I believe in the democratic process but only if it goes my way otherwise I will throw my toys out of the pram until it goes my way".
People have voted and the majority rules, that is the way it is. Otherwise, what is the point of voting?


Monday blog
When planning their career too many people focus on the job title when looking for the role that will progress them up the career ladder. Is this useful though?

With mental ill health costing the UK economy an estimated £70 billions each year it is time that employers really get serious about dealing with this issue; it makes business sense.


Pic from richmindrichlife.co,uk


Wednesday blog
In one of my previous blog Networking to develop your career  I wrote how networking is one way to help with career development which is frequently overlooked. But is networking working, and if not, why?





Thursday blog
Referendum day in the UK to decide whether to remain or leave
the European Union.
We sometime forget how important voting is and how many struggles people have gone through for centuries, and in some countries still do now, for this basic fundamental right. 
Universal vote has not really been in place that long in the UK. 

Friday blog
Rest day

Saturday blog
 A bit of nostalgia remembering on the best restaurant/hotel experiences in my life, Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons





Follow my posts also on:
Twitter: Laura@PeopleAlchemist
Instagram: @the_alchemist_about_town

No comments:

Post a Comment