Wednesday 17 August 2016

About Town - repost
Check their menu now, always awesome :-p

Eating at the 2 Veneti  


The 2 Veneti is an italian restaurant located very closely to Oxford Circus tube station. The food focuses on gutsy authentic flavours and specialities mainly from Veneto in a very understated, friendly elegant manner. 

The place is cosy which means that, if it is at full capacity, it can be slightly noisy but, at least for me, this is all part of the ambience; eating in Italy is all about love and family, interesting and animated conversation at the dinner table. The service is attentive and friendly but the food is really the star here.
I went last week for an evening meal and I was very impressed.
I had the fantastic Risotto di pesce (rice with A LOT of seafood) Fritto misto Venexian (battered mixed fried fish and seafood) and what looked like a deconstructed tiramisu (delicious tiramisu cream inside a biscuit-like case).


My friend took pan-fried sea scallops wrapped in pancetta with warm peas, broad beans, tomato and red radish salad,
Fish of the day and Tortino al cioccolato fondant (senza farina) con gelato alla nocciola (flourless chocolate fondant with hazelnut ice cream).

I can tell you we didn't talk much and it was more "mmmm.." " aah...." "mmmm..." "yes.." " lovely" and we left positively happy.

LOVED it, a must go, I will definitely want to go again. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment