Saturday 27 August 2016

In the Kitchen


Indulgence for the weekend:
White Chocolate & Baileys Cheesecake

I have been invited to a dinner party tonight (sound posh I knooow) and we all need to bring a dish - Panic - I need to think fast .

I remember a friend mine John once telling me that, when he goes into a new place/party/meets new people, he always brings a signature dish that people remember him for and then love him forever (so he said).
I remember he made a White Chocolate & Baileys Cheesecake which he brought to a barbecue we went to.
It is true, people still remember the cake (less him) but the cake Yes.

Ok I can try this: I got the recipe and I can follow instructions.
I have no idea who first invented this cheesecake, if he/she is a famous chef or not or anonymous; I just know it tastes D-I-V-I-N-E, (makes 8 good portions):

For the buiscuit base:
1 packet 250gr plain digestives
2/5th of a standard block of butter

Melt the butter and mix with biscuits in a food processor, evenly distribute the mix onto a removable base cake tin(any cake tin will do but its easier to get the cheesecake out this way) and chill in the fridge whilst you make the topping.

For the topping:
400 grms Philadelphia, 2 standard supermarket packets   
200 grms good,full fat greek yogurt
200 grms cream,double or single
200 grms sugar
200 grms melted white chocolate
100 ml   Baileys

Melt the white chocolate after all ingredients have been put into a mixing bowl,add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth,have a taste at this point. Spoon the topping onto the biscuit base and chill until firm,normally no more than a few hours due to the chocolate cooling down.

Note to self: cake for party not gouter.



No comments:

Post a Comment